Bulletin Photo Contest Guidelines
The Allegheny County Medical Society sponsors an annual photo contest and the winning photos appear on Bulletin covers. Please read the guidelines below for this year’s contest.
- Only member physicians are eligible to enter the contest, with a maximum of three entries per individual. Each photographer will be limited to TWO winning entries.
- Select your best entries—color or black & white, print, slide or digital image—but, because we need a hard copy of each image for judging purposes, please convert your entries into prints before sending to ACMS Bulletin Photo Contest, 713 Ridge Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15212. Deadline for submission is Friday, August 30, 2013.
- Because Bulletin covers feature a vertical orientation, winning photos with a horizontal orientation will need to be cropped to fit that format (see page 232). Your approval of this alteration is implicit with any entry with a horizontal orientation. Sorry, but we cannot accept panoramic shots or photos featuring specifically identifiable individuals and relatives. The Editorial Board makes final determination.
- Please label your entries only with a title and use a separate sheet of paper to record personal information such as your name, address or telephone number. We carefully number and track entries when they arrive so we can return them to their owners, but care is taken not to reveal personal information to contest judges, so please include only the title on the back of the photo entry.
- Contest judges will select 12 winners, including one grand prize winner that will appear on the January 2014 Bulletin cover; the remaining 11 winners will appear on Bulletin covers throughout 2014. Other entries will appear inside the Bulletin as space allows. All photos will be returned by the end of 2014.
For more information, call Linda Smith
at (412) 321-5030 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.