Health Care ID Badge Law
Pennsylvania is requiring all physicians and employees who provide direct patient care to wear photo identification badges. The goal of this requirement is to help patients understand who is providing their care and what level of training their caregiver has received.
The ACMS has partnered with Total ID Solutions to provide professionally printed plastic ID badges. The cost for a ready to wear badge complete with clip is $ 4.95 per badge plus shipping.
- Badge Ordering Information
- Pennsylvania Department of Health Interim Regulation
- Pennsylvania Medical Society ID badge information page
- PA Academy of Dermatology ID information page
- Sample badge formats
- AMNews Article – “New Pennsylvania law requires physicians to wear photo IDs” – 12/20/2011