The ASK Campaign is a public awareness campaign to inspire life-saving conversations between parents to prevent gun injuries. The Campaign encourages parents to ask one simple question: “Is there an unlocked gun in your house?” when arranging playdates and visits to others’ homes.
National ASK Day is Saturday, June 21. The campaign will be running TV, radio, and print public service announcements (PSAs) across Allegheny County. The PSAs focus on conversations between parents, with the take-home line, “Parenting requires awkward conversations. But one could save a child’s life: ‘Is there an unlocked gun in your house?’”
We encourage you to participate in National ASK Day.
- We can provide brochures for your patients.
- We can provide ASK posters for your offices.
- You can participate in the Campaign’s Facebook page (facebook.com/askingsaveskids) by liking it, sharing it, and posting content.
- Post information to websites you manage.
- Visit the ASK Campaign website (www.askingsaveskids.org).
Finally, if you are a parent yourself, challenge yourself to start asking if there is an unlocked gun where your child plays when you arrange playdates and other visits.