Mission and Goals
Allegheny County Medical Society Foundation supports home and community environments that nurture and develop healthy children and families for a healthy Allegheny County.
Healthy Children. Healthy Communities. Healthy Future.
The Allegheny County Medical Society Foundation supports home and community environments that nurture and develop healthy children and families for a healthy Allegheny County.
Organized in 1960, the Allegheny County Medical Society started the Foundation with contributions from the initial polio immunization program. The immunization effort was undertaken by ACMS and sparked a public outpouring of donations.
The Foundation has since provided more than $3 million in grants to support community health improvement.
For more than half a century, the ACMS Foundation has supported:
• basic human needs of the homeless and mentally ill
• educational efforts through literacy programs, medical school and nursing scholarships, and preceptorships
• support networks and helplines
• access to care and prescription drugs
• adoption and caregiver support
• research of public health and public policy
The Foundation believes that all people have the inherent capacity to effect change in their lives and in their communities.
Printable Donation FormPrint a PDF version of the donation form. Print a donation form.
Allegheny County Medical Society Foundation
713 Ridge Avenue
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15212
412-321-5030 FAX 412-321-5323