top of page

Becoming a Physician Volunteer

Are you retired or retiring and interested in applying as a physician volunteer? 


According to PAMED, “Volunteer licenses are available to retiring health care practitioners or non-retired practitioners who are not required, because the practitioner is not otherwise practicing medicine or providing health care services in Pennsylvania, to maintain professional liability insurance under the Medical Care Availability and Reduction of Error (MCARE) Act. To qualify for a volunteer license, a physician must currently hold an active unrestricted license.”


To learn more about CME requirements, liability protection and other information, click here.

Once the application is completed, it must be mailed (versus submitted electronically).

bottom of page