The CS2Day (Cease Smoking Today) Tobacco Cessation Training is a CE Webinar program being offered at no cost to educate
clinicians and other health care professionals on how to become more involved in tobacco cessation counseling. The training
promotes the ASK, ADVISE, REFER protocol—this is a simple, 3-minute intervention that can be conducted within the context of any interaction between a clinician and a patient.
Facts about the CS2Day Tobacco Cessation Training:
- Provided at no cost to you
- A 1- hour webinar presentation – a computer with sound is required to participate
- Participants MUST complete an “on-line” survey to receive CE units.
- ACPE, ACCME, and CNEP accredited, with CE units provided through Purdue University at no cost. CE Certificates will be mailed to participants in 4-6 weeks following each webinar.
Participants go to the following URL to “enter” the webinar room: https://gomeet.itap.purdue.edu/r75452775/. The room will “open” 15 minutes prior to the session start time; participants should arrive early to allow for any trouble shooting (sound check, etc.). For tracking/CE purposes, participants should sign-in as a “guest” using their FULL NAME.
Upcoming presentation dates and times for Allegheny County:
- Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 11:30 AM (EST)
- Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 11:30 AM (EST)
- Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 11:30 AM (EST)
- Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 12 PM (EST)
Speaker: Francis M. Vitale M.A. University of Pittsburgh, School of Pharmacy
- Describe the role of the clinician in the tobacco cessation process, positioning them as the initiator of the quit attempt.
- Briefly summarize how the clinician can ask about tobacco use and successfully advise patients to quit.
- Explain the importance of clinicians referring patients to appropriate intensive interventions after initiating the cessation process.
- Review the seven FDA approved medication for cessation.
Pre-registration & additional information: Please notify Cami Douglas by email: email@example.com or phone at: (317) 613-2315 extension 367 to let her know in which session you will be participating and/or if you have any questions.
Faculty Disclosure: All faculty AND staff involved in the planning or presentation of continuing education activities sponsored/provided by Purdue University College of Pharmacy are required to disclose to the audience any real or apparent commercial financial affiliations related to the content of the presentation or enduring material.
As a member of the planning committee and as program speaker, Frank Vitale discloses that he is a Consultant for GlaxoSmithKline, Smoking Cessation Counseling. All additional planning committee members and Purdue University College of Pharmacy staff have no relationships to disclose.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use: Faculty of this activity may include discussions of products or devices that are not currently labeled for use by the FDA. Faculty members will disclose to the audience any reference to an unlabeled or investigational use. Purdue University College of Pharmacy does not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications. Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications and warnings.
This opportunity is brought to you by Purdue University College of Pharmacy, in collaboration with a national consortium of the California Academy of Family Physicians, CME Enterprise, Healthcare Performance Consulting, Interstate Postgraduate Medical Association, Iowa Foundation for Medical Care, Physicians Institute for Excellence in Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, and the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. Funded through an unrestricted educational grant from Pfizer.