On New Year’s Eve 2012, some ACMS MDs won’t be looking forward to a new start; they’ll be regretting not completing activities to earn 12 patient safety or risk management CME credits.
Now is the time for physicians to familiarize themselves with the requirements for renewing their licenses.
The ACMS and the Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED) offer this list to help you start to prepare:
1. Make sure you know your username and password for www.pamedsoc.org so you have access to free CME activities, all designed to meet patient safety and risk management requirements.
2. Familiarize yourself with the state requirements. Check out answers to frequently asked questions about state license requirements for MDs and DOs at www.pamedsoc.org/cmefaq.
3. Get acquainted with CME Tracker, the online credit tracking and organizing tool exclusively for PAMED and COUN TY members. Find it at www.pamedsoc.org/tracker.
4. Start organizing your paper trail for CME credits. You can use PAMED’s free, member-only CME Tracker Companion filing system. Order one at www.pamedsoc.org/store.
5. Receive email alerts when a new PAMED CME activity is available. Simply sign up at www.pamedsoc.org/subscribe.
If you have questions, call PAMED’s CME office at (800) 228-7823. You can also email PAMED at firstname.lastname@example.org.