We anticipate that we will be able to provide more information soon.
If it will be helpful for you to know the projected impact on your practice revenue for patients insured under an exchange plan, Highmark has designated the following individual to assist practices:
Please let us know if you have any difficulty reaching Ms. Berneburg.
John G. Krah
Allegheny County Medical Society
It is hard to comprehend that the roots of the Allegheny County Medical Society extend back to the Civil War. Physicians practiced against a backdrop of circumstances almost unimaginable today.
Minutes of Society meetings are replete with concerns for public health issues including clean water, air, milk and communicable diseases. Early Society members came to ACMS to hear the latest on smallpox and tuberculosis. The Society continues to be a leader in community efforts targeting today’s health threats — substance abuse, AIDS, infant mortality, obesity, and early childhood development.
- Email your VERTICAL jpg photos with a resolution of 300 dpi or higher to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photos should be 8”W x 10”H but can be resized if the resolution is high enough.
- You must be an ACMS member physician to submit photos. Voting will take place on the ACMS website, www.acms.org.
- Include the name of the photo (please keep file names short) as well as your name, specialty, address and phone number in the email.
- You will receive verification that your photo has been received and is eligible to be entered in the contest.
- Horizontal photos will not be considered.
- Photos with low resolution will not be considered.
- Panoramic shots or photos featuring specifically identifiable individuals/relatives will not be considered.
- The deadline for submission is Friday, August 26, 2016. Voting will open after this date.
- Participants are permitted to submit three photos but are limited to two winning entries.
- Voting will close Friday, September 30, 2016. Voters should vote for 12 photos.
- Winners will be announced on the website, in the Bulletin and via email. The 1st-place winner’s photo will appear on the January 2016 cover; the remaining winning photos will appear on Bulletin covers throughout the year.
- Please continue to check the ACMS website and future issues of the Bulletin for further updates and reminders.
- If you have any questions, please call Bulletin Managing Editor Meagan Welling at (412) 321-5030, ext. 105, or email email@example.com.